Would you like to have your say about the services provided at Carfax NHS Medical Centre? We will be holding meetings at the practice and also virtually to get your feedback.
If you would like to join please fill in the online form or ask at reception for a sign up form.
Here at Carfax NHS Medical Centre, we’re a bit different from many other GP practices.
We do have a “normal” GP practice, with over 10,000 patients registered with us, but we also run a number of other NHS services for everyone, regardless of which GP you usually go to.
We’re right in the centre of Swindon, just next to the bus station and only a few minutes’ walk away from the railway station.
If you would like to register with us, give us a call – or pop in and fill in a registration form. You need to live in SN1 or parts of SN2 or SN3 postcode areas to register (map) – but anyone can just walk in and use many of our services, registered or not.
We welcome patients who do not speak English and can help. Ask a family member or friend to tell our receptionists and they will explain what help is available.
We’re Different – Here’s Why
- We've been awarded the Social Enterprise Mark. It's for businesses which have mainly social objectives and reinvest any surplus income back into the business for the benefit of the community. In the case of Carfax, we were among the first community interest companies in the country set up to run NHS services.
- We run NHS services for the benefit of the whole community – not just those in our catchment area.
- We’re open 7 days a week, 365 days a year (yes, even Christmas Day). You can either book an appointment in advance with a doctor or nurse, or just walk in to see someone. Last year, 38,000 people did just that, ie walked in for help with all kinds of minor illnesses and injuries from ear, nose and throat infections to cuts, sprains and burns. This NHS service is particularly useful to commuters, people working full time and young families.
- As well as our 12 doctors, we have a 25-strong team of nurses offering a high level of professional qualifications and skills across a wide range of areas.
- Our routine appointments are 15 minutes long. If you need a double appointment for clinical reasons, please ask when booking.
- Our Travel Service is particularly popular. We can advise you on exactly what precautions you need to take, not just country by country, but region by region too.
- We put great emphasis on running good mental health services. If you feel you could benefit from counselling support with one of our professional counsellors, let us know, provided you are registered with us.
- Blood tests
- Cervical smears
- Childhood immunisations
- Contraceptive services
- Diabetic clinic
- Ear syringing
- Emergency contraception
- Flu vaccinations
- Maternity care
- Minor illnesses & injuries
- Minor surgery
- Pregnancy testing
- Sexual health advice
- Stop Smoking clinic
- Travel advice & vaccinations
- ... more
Get in Touch
If you’ve got any questions – or would like to give us your views – do give us a call or email us. We’re always ready to listen - and always looking for ideas on how to improve our service.
Out of Hours
8am - 8pm 7 days a week
7am - 8pm Mon to Fri
8am - 8pm Sat/Sun/Bank Hols
7am - 12 noon Mon to Fri